HTTPS authentication issue?

Jeroen van der Vegt jeroen.van.der.vegt at technolution.nl
Tue Nov 3 04:32:21 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm hoping to use cadaver from a script, as indicated here:
http://lists.manyfish.co.uk/pipermail/cadaver/2008-October/000427.html .

The problem is Cadaver keeps asking for authentication. Could that be
because my webdav server can only be accessed using https?

.netrc:

machine webdavserver
        login mylogin
        password mypassword

$ cadaver https://webdavserver/files/
Authentication required for WebDav Server on server `webdavserver':
Username:

Any idea what's wrong?

Regards,

Jeroen van der Vegt
System designer
________________________________

Technolution B.V.
Telephone:         +31(0)182 59 40 00
Fax:              +31(0)182 53 97 36
E-mail:           Jeroen.van.der.Vegt at technolution.eu
Visit us at:      www.technolution.eu
Mailing address:  P.O. Box 2013 - 2800 BD Gouda - The Netherlands
Address:          Zuidelijk Halfrond 1 - 2801 DD Gouda - The Netherlands

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be
passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than the
addressee(s). Technolution B.V. rules out any and every liability resulting
from any electronic transmission.