Could not authenticate to server: ignored NTLM challenge

Gary Schulte garyschulte at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 14:30:36 EST 2009

> Hi.  The release of neon used by cadaver doesn't have support for NTLM
> authentication.  I've released neon 0.29.0 just now, which does have
> that support.  I'll try to wrap up a cadaver release which uses that
> soon.
>
> Regards, Joe

Hi Joe,

Do you have plans to release cadaver using Neon 0.29 in the near term?
 I am attempting to use cadaver to deliver content to a Sharepoint
server which is using NTLMv2 authentication.

I attempted to simply substitute neon 0.29 for the 0.28 version that
is distributed with cadaver 0.23.2 and ended up with a working binary
(albeit with a few minor linking errors below).  But it apparently
still ignores the NTLM challenge.

Not being familiar with the cadaver codebase, would significant
development be required to get it playing nicely with the NTLMv2
support in neon 0.29?

Also, do you have a timeline for the incorporation of neon 0.29 into
the main cadaver distribution?

Thanks in advance,

Gary Schulte

make output, using 0.29 neon:

...snip...
Target "all" is up to date.
Target "all" is up to date.
Target "all" is up to date.
        gcc -L/home/gschulte/local/lib  -o cadaver src/cadaver.o
src/common.o src/commands.o src/ls.o    src/cmdline.o src/options.o
src/utils.o src/edit.o  src/version.o src/search.o  lib/basename.o
lib/dirname.o lib/rpmatch.o lib/yesno.o  lib/glob.o lib/getpass.o
lib/tempname.o lib/mkstemp.o  lib/netrc.o lib/getopt.o lib/getopt1.o
-lreadline  -lcurses -lintl  -L/home/gschulte/local/lib -lneon -lintl
-lz -lexpat
ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol: .bcopy
ld: 0711-224 WARNING: Duplicate symbol: .memmove
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
Target "all" is up to date.
<gschulte at aix4001>: /home/gschulte/cadaver-0.23.2

Output of cadaver 0.23.2 (built above):

$ ./cadaver http://gschulte@devep.ercot.com/eis/
Could not open collection:
Could not authenticate to server: ignored NTLM challenge
dav:/eis/?