Bus Error on HP-UX 11.31 Itanium when put or get

Olsen, Kai Gunnar R kai.gunnar.olsen at avinor.no
Fri Mar 19 06:17:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

When I try to put or get I get an BUS ERROR. This is from cadaver 0.23.2.  Below is the output from the core file:

bash-3.2$ gdb -c core

HP gdb 5.7 for HP Itanium (32 or 64 bit) and target HP-UX 11.2x.

Copyright 1986 - 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Hewlett-Packard Wildebeest 5.7 (based on GDB) is covered by the

GNU General Public License. Type "show copying" to see the conditions to

change it and/or distribute copies. Type "show warranty" for warranty/support.

warning: Unknown symbols for 'core'; use the 'symbol-file' command.

Core was generated by `cadaver'.

Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error.

BUS_ADRALN - Invalid address alignment. Please refer to the following link that helps in handling unaligned data: http://docs.hp.com/en/7730/newhelp0610/pragmas.htm#pragma-pack-ex3

No object file symbols.

#0  0x4010440 in <unknown_procedure> ()

(gdb) q