what does * mean next to a file name in ls command

Leydon, Gary gary.leydon at yale.edu
Wed Sep 14 10:56:08 EDT 2011

I'm sure this is obvious but I can't find it in the man page but can anyone tell me what the significance is of a * character preceding a file when executing ls inside cadaver shell? I'm logged in via a read-only user and my guess is this means that file is locked but I know that there are only read only users connected to the server.

following is inside Dav enabled <location> container

<limit GET OPTIONS PROPFIND>
	require user roUser
</limit>

<limitExcept GET OPTIONS PROPFIND>
	require user adminUser
</limit>

dav:/path/to/file/> ls
Listing collection `/path/to/file/': succeeded.
       *myFile_one.pdf         13099  Aug 25 13:55
        someFile_two.pdf        1752041  Sep  8 18:26
dav:/path/to/file/>