[patch] for adding -lnetwork support for Haiku

scott mc scottmc2 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:30:21 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Joe Orton <joe at manyfish.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 09:07:33AM -0800, scott mc wrote:
>> I tried building neon-0.28.3 on Haiku and only ran into a couple of
>> minor issues now.  One being outdated config.guess/config.sub files,
>> easy enough to fix by grabbing fresh copies from gnulib git, next was
>> a socket error, which is fixed by adding -lnetwork, this patch adds
>> that.
>> http://ports.haiku-files.org/browser/haikuports/trunk/net-misc/neon/neon-0.28.3-haiku.diff
>
> Thanks! I committed this.  I generally allow config.* to be pulled from
> libtool when building a tarball; can you tell me what changes are
> necessary for haiku support, so I can check whether I'm using recent
> enough copies?
>
> Regards, Joe

Joe,
You can get the most recent versions here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob_plain;f=build-aux/config.guess
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob_plain;f=build-aux/config.sub
Haiku was added into config.guess sometime after the one with
timestamp Jan 2008, I think March or April is the first time stamped
config.guess that I've seen Haiku in.  Config.sub got added sometime
prior to Jan 2008, I think sometime in late 2007.
Thanks for adding in the -lnetwork patch.
-scottmc