undefined symbol: GENERAL_NAME_free in neon

ying lcs yinglcs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 02:06:16 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am building subversion 1.5.2 which uses neon 0.8.3 as its http library.

When I try to test the subversion python binding, I get the following error:

$ python -c 'from svn import client'
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
 File "/home/scheung/bin/lib/svn-python/svn/client.py", line 19, in <module>
   from libsvn.client import *
 File "/home/scheung/bin/lib/svn-python/libsvn/client.py", line 7, in <module>
   import _client
ImportError: /home/scheung/bin/lib/libsvn_ra_neon-1.so.0: undefined
symbol: GENERAL_NAME_free

Can you please tell me what does the error ': undefined
symbol: GENERAL_NAME_free' mean? And how can I fix it?

Thank you.