ne_acl and the missing patches

Joe Orton joe at manyfish.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 12:05:31 EDT 2008

Hi Henrik,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 04:44:42PM +0200, Henrik Holst wrote:
>   some time ago (2007-12-16) you merged a patch from me for ne_acl.c and
> ne_acl.h but they do not appear in the latest tarball on
> webdav.org/neon! And the really strange thing is that they do appear in
> the svn repository?!

Yeah, because it breaks backwards-compatibility with the old
ne_acl_set() interface, I've reverted it on the 0.28.x branch (and
0.27.x too, IIRC).

I'm not seeing any other good reason to break API/ABI for 0.29, so was
thinking we could just introduce the new API under a different name,
maybe ne_acl3744_set() - and keep the existing (old) code intact to
preserve backwards compat.  What do you think?