[neon] NTLM

Kai Sommerfeld Kai.Sommerfeld at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 23 04:48:43 EDT 2009

On 20.03.2009 16:50 Uhr, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:33:23AM +0100, Kai Sommerfeld wrote:
>>  I picked up the donation from Daniel and adapted the code to fit into
>> neon. Please find attached the diffs for neon 0.28.4. The feature can be
>> activated by defining HAVE_NTLM. I have tested the implementation on
>> Windows (XP), Solaris x86, Linux, Mac OS X.
>>
>>  Please let me know what you think about this stuff. ;-)
>
> Thanks for picking that up!
>
> 1) the void * -> NTLMContext conversion stuff is a bit weird; do:
>
> typeded struct ne_ntlm_context_s ne_ntlm_context;
>
> in the header and then use "ne_ntlm_context *" not void * in all the
> interfaces, and declare the struct in the C file.

  Templated this from SSPI code. ;-) Will change it.

> 2) converting to neon standard indenting/code format would be good

  My intention was to keep as much as possible of the curl code
contributed by Daniel untouched - for easy diffing in case of future
updates of the original code.

  The rest of the code already should follow neon standards...

> 3) needs some kind of mutual exclusion with HAVE_SSPI, right?

  Yes, it's the same as for HAVE_GSSAPI (->negotiate) and HAVE_SSPI
(->negotiate and ntlm)

> 4) this does need the AUTH_FLAG_CONN_AUTH flag I think.

  Yes. Will change this, too.

> Do you want commit access to check this in?

  This would be fine.

  Regards,
Kai.