Using HTTP Client with non-default port

Karl Falconer karl.falconer at breakpointllc.com
Mon Dec 6 16:36:15 EST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to debug a bit of code that uses the neon library to make an
HTTP connection.

The problem I am seeing is that when a session is created with a non-default
http port, such as 8080, a subsequent call to ne_begin_request returns an
NC_CONNECT error code with the following message: "Could not connect to
server: Permission denied"

After changing the listening port to 80, the library is able to connect to
the server.

Are there any additional calls that need to be made in order to use the
client with a non-default http schema port?

Karl