Using HTTP Client with non-default port

Lou Montulli lou at montulli.org
Mon Dec 6 16:56:02 EST 2010

Verify that the server on 8080 is functioning properly via some other method
like a wget, lynx or firefox.

If the server is working and NEON isn't, perhaps you could paste a snippet
of code for how you are passing the port number to the library.

Neon certainly works correctly for non standard ports, it is passed during
the session create call.

ne_session_create(mUseHTTPS ? "https" : "http", Hostname, Port);

If you are getting Permission denied, you may have password authorization
required on the server, that is something you should see when you connect
with an alternate browser.

Neon supports authorization through the ne_set_server_auth() call.

:lou