Long file support on Windows

Joe Orton joe at manyfish.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 10:41:47 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 02:39:56PM +0100, Bert Huijben wrote:
> It looks like I can enable long file support (over 2/4 GB) in neon on
> Windows by just adding this block at the bottom of my config.hw
>
> #if (_MSC_VER >= 1400)
> #define NE_LFS 1 /* Enable long file support */

Hi Bert - a few comments:

1) This won't work properly unless there is a way to export the fact
that NE_LFS is defined in the API on Win32 - otherwise the app building
against neon has no way to tell.

2) Doing this by default is a backwards-incompatible ABI break, which
I'd rather avoid.

I'd suggest doing something like:

a) have neon.mak create a src/ne_w32conf.h or similar file, which contains
the #define NE_LFS, and install this along with the other headers

b) have ne_defs.h conditionally #include src/ne_w32conf.h on Windows to
pick up the types.