Error configuring with mingw32

Joe Orton joe at
Fri Jan 22 11:31:58 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 09:52:25AM +0000, Hugo Monteiro wrote:
> Hello
> I've tried to configure neon to compile it with "i586-mingw32msvc-gcc", but I'm having the following error.
> > CC="/usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-gcc" ./configure
> > Error: "checking for library containing socket... not found
>   	configure: error: could not find library containing socket"
> Can you help me with this?
> Here is link for my config.log:

Hiya - yes, a bunch of the tests for Win32 library features don't work
on MinGW because they C code generated by the autoconf test doesn't set
the correct calling convention for the functions.

A bunch of the macros would have to be rewritten to fix this, which is

You should be able to work around it by setting the right cache
variables in the environment by trial and error.

For the above you'd need:

export ne_cv_libsfor_socket=none

I think.  There will be more failures to work around, though.