Error configuring with mingw32

Joe Orton joe at manyfish.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 11:31:58 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 09:52:25AM +0000, Hugo Monteiro wrote:
> Hello
>

> I've tried to configure neon to compile it with "i586-mingw32msvc-gcc", but I'm having the following error.
>
> > CC="/usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-gcc" ./configure
> > Error: "checking for library containing socket... not found
>   	configure: error: could not find library containing socket"
>
> Can you help me with this?
>
> Here is link for my config.log: http://www.eotium.com/config.log

Hiya - yes, a bunch of the tests for Win32 library features don't work
on MinGW because they C code generated by the autoconf test doesn't set
the correct calling convention for the functions.

A bunch of the macros would have to be rewritten to fix this, which is
non-trivial.

You should be able to work around it by setting the right cache
variables in the environment by trial and error.

For the above you'd need:

export ne_cv_libsfor_socket=none

I think.  There will be more failures to work around, though.