Incorrect restriction of lock-timeout values

Werner Baumann werner.baumann at onlinehome.de
Sun Nov 14 11:54:42 EST 2010

Hello Joe,

thanks for fixing the issue.

Am Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:57:00 +0000
schrieb Joe Orton <joe at manyfish.co.uk>:

> Is there a server bug here?  That is a timeout of 136 years.

It probably is. I will have to do some more tests to see whether it is
reproducable. It happend while I tested for a different problem:

- davfs2 locks a non existing resource. The requested lock timeout is
1800 seconds which is acknowledge in the response
- while davfs2 is uploading the file the connection is interrupted (I
tried to test for the creation of a truncated resource which was
reported by a user)
- davfs2 is killed with SIGKILL (to not have to wait that long). This
way davfs2 lost the lock token.
- after restoring the connectivity davfs2 tries to upload again and
gets a LOCKED response
- the following lock discovery got a response with this 136 year
timeout.

So this timeout value seems to have been created when the connection
broke down during the upload.

Cheers
Werner