subversion + neon + windows + mod_kerb = InitializeSecurityContext SEC_E_INTERNAL_ERROR

Kaltenberger, Stefan Stefan.Kaltenberger at fabasoft.com
Mon Oct 17 14:34:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm currently using the release version of TortoiseSVN 1.7.0, but on the server side I'm using mod_auth_spnego (with some customizations) instead of mod_auth_kerb. I tried to do a comparison, but this is a little bit difficult with the UI client, so these values are only estimations:

* Opening the repository browser at root level

TortoiseSVN 1.6.6 / http-library = neon-0.28.6: immediately (< 1 second)
TortoiseSVN 1.7.0 / http-library = neon-0.28.6: immediately (< 1 second)
TortoiseSVN 1.7.0 / http-library = serf:        about 4 seconds

* Command line: svn ls at root level (here I can provide exact values):

Subversion 1.6.13 / http-library = neon:       0.171s
Subversion 1.7.0 / http-library = neon-0.28.6: 0.155s
Subversion 1.7.0 / http-library = serf:        1.117s

(These are tiny operations which should not take any time at all.)

I think we are drifting a little bit off-topic, since this mailing list is about neon, not about the Subversion client(s). So folks, I'm sorry for spamming you.

Regards, Stefan