ne_get_range directly to char array buffer

Jordi Mueters jordimueters at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 11 09:40:46 EDT 2017

Hi all, hope someone can help me with the following.

I am using ne_get_range to read part of a file on webdav.

This method requires a file descriptor.

I, however, have no interest in reading into an actual file, I want the content to stay in memory (preferably directly written directly into a char array I manage).

My thinking is that I can create a pointer to a FILE using  fmemopen. Unfortunately fmemopen returns a FILE which does not have a file descriptor.

The proposal is to overload ne_get_range to accept a FILE pointer instead of a file descriptor. This won't break any functionality because I'm sure everyone has to call fileno to get the filedescriptor anyways and with the change they don't have to anymore.

If anyone has a more suitable solution (to read the range directly into my char array) please let me know.