Sitecopy questions

Joe Orton joe at manyfish.co.uk
Tue Oct 13 08:31:30 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 07:49:04AM -0400, Saunders, Joel wrote:
> I use sitecopy to post reports to an Oracle Portal Web Server using
> webdav.  I have two issues and maybe a question or so.
>
> 1) Every time that I run sitecopy, it takes 20 minutes before anything
> happens (good or bad).  Is this a feature or is there something that can
> be done?

How big is your site (size of files, number of files), and what is your
rcfile entry for the site in question?

> 2) Occasionally, (like last night!) it aborts (after 20 minutes again),
> with the message: "sitecopy: Error: The connection timed out."

This sounds like a server issue.

Please run:

  $ sitecopy --debug=http --logfile=/tmp/debug.log --update yoursite

and then send in /tmp/debug.log.

> 	The error return code is a 2, which by reading the docs, seems
> like a login issue.  In fact the userid and password it's using is valid
> because I can log into the portal with it.  I  ran it four more times
> (without changing anything!) and it finally ran without any issues
>
> 	I'm using sitecopy 0.16.3: FTP WebDAV rsh/rcp sftp/ssh,
> debugging, Unix platform.
>
> 	From the web site, it looks like the current version available
> is Version: 0.16.6.
> 	How do I go about getting the latest version?

How did you obtain your current build?  You can compile 0.16.6 from
source, download it from http://www.manyfish.co.uk/sitecopy/

Regards, Joe