Sitecopy questions

Joe Orton joe at manyfish.co.uk
Tue Oct 13 16:03:19 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 03:25:29PM -0400, Saunders, Joel wrote:
> I ran the debug but with a list option vs. the update option... It still
> sat there for 20 min and in the end put nothing in the log.
>
> Here's the stats that you were asking for:
>
> #files : > 79,000		(some going back to 1/04)
> Size   : over 9.4 gb
>
> I imagine that this is the real issue.... Need to discuss purging with
> the users, I guess.
>
> Would like a --verbose option to see what it's doing at all times,
> though.  Also, if I can't reduce the files right away, it would be good
> to be able to up the timeout in some fashion.

Um, yeah, that's quite big.  sitecopy is not designed to manage a site
that large, it has some exponential-time list scanning routines which
might be taking up your 20 minutes, if not disk access.

I presume you are not using "state checksum" on this site? That would
have to read all 9.4 GB of content every sitecopy invocation too.

The only other thing I could recommend would be to try partitioning the
site across several rcfile entries so sitecopy has less to manage per
invocation.

Regards, Joe