"state timesize" not working as expected

Joe Orton joe at manyfish.co.uk
Fri Oct 16 06:22:39 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:27:23PM +0200, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> [sitecopy 0.16.6]
>
> I'm using sitecopy on Gentoo Linux to sync from a WebDAV server on
> Cygwin. I just realized that "state timesize" is not working expected;
> meaning that a file is only transferred if the file size differs, not if
> the modify date differs. The manual is not exactly clear about timesize
> but I believe the file should be considered changed if the size or the
> modification time changed.

That is indeed how it should work.

> Is that correct and how can I debug the issue?

Please send in the complete rcfile entry for the site, run:

  sitecopy --debug=files --logfile=/tmp/debug.log yoursite

preferably in a state where only a single file is modified, and then
send in the /tmp/debug.log file to the list.  (Note that this will
reveal a list of all the files in your site to the public - mail it to
me privately if that's an issue)

Regards, Joe