"state timesize" not working as expected

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Fri Oct 16 07:42:38 EDT 2009

* (16-Oct-09 12:22 +0200), Joe Orton
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:27:23PM +0200, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>> [sitecopy 0.16.6]
>>
>> I'm using sitecopy on Gentoo Linux to sync from a WebDAV server on
>> Cygwin. I just realized that "state timesize" is not working expected;
>> meaning that a file is only transferred if the file size differs, not if
>> the modify date differs. The manual is not exactly clear about timesize
>> but I believe the file should be considered changed if the size or the
>> modification time changed.
>
> That is indeed how it should work.
>
>> Is that correct and how can I debug the issue?
>
> Please send in the complete rcfile entry for the site, run:
>
>   sitecopy --debug=files --logfile=/tmp/debug.log yoursite
>
> preferably in a state where only a single file is modified, and then
> send in the /tmp/debug.log file to the list.  (Note that this will
> reveal a list of all the files in your site to the public - mail it to
> me privately if that's an issue)

Okay, here we go:

thorsten at tkampe% ll .zshrc
-rw------- 1 thorsten None 15k Oct 16 13:30 .zshrc

thorsten at tkampe% touch .zshrc

thorsten at tkampe% ll .zshrc
-rw------- 1 thorsten None 15k Oct 16 13:34 .zshrc

----

thorsten at nietzsche% sitecopy -f tkampe
sitecopy: Fetching site `tkampe' (on tkampe in /private/sync/)
File: .yafc/yafcrc - size 2784
File: .bashrc - size 5603
File: .dir_colors - size 2988
File: .inputrc - size 2434
File: .lftprc - size 8979
File: .pythonrc.py - size 1510
File: .screenrc - size 3694
Directory: .yafc/
File: .zshrc - size 14958
sitecopy: Fetch completed successfully.

thorsten at nietzsche% sitecopy --debug=files --logfile=./debug.log tkampe
sitecopy: Showing changes to site `tkampe' (on tkampe in /private/sync/)
sitecopy: The remote site does not need updating.

Thorsten