use alternate port with SFTP

Neil Cherry ncherry at
Mon Mar 15 14:31:30 EDT 2010

On 03/10/2010 02:12 PM, Max Barel wrote:
> Hi list,
> While searching for the question in title, I found this old reply from Nobuyuki Tsuchimura:
>> Try rcp "sftp -oPort=21"
>> in .sitecopyrc. "password" and "port" directives are ignored.
> I tried it but it doesn't works maybe because it must not be used with "protocol sftp".
> Can someone tell if it's possible at all to use sftp on alternate port (!=22)

Yes, it's possible but it will require a rewrite of the sftpdriver.c
init() function such that you can pass the port number to sftp
(change the line from sftp to sftp -o port %s for example).

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at                         Main site                    My HA Blog